Governor Chris Sununu was the first State Governor to launch a Recovery Friendly Workplace initiative on March 27, 2018. It provides employers with resources to become recovery friendly, and once certain criteria are met, the employer receives the Recovery Friendly Workplace designation. Criteria for obtaining and keeping the Recovery Friendly Workplace designation in New Hampshire include:
- Regional Public Health Network orients senior management and human resources personnel.
- Declare to employees your participation in the initiative.
- Provide employees with information and resources.
- Establish connections with local recovery support organizations.
- Train supervisors on alcohol, tobacco, and other drug policies.
- Train employees annually on substance misuse, behavioral health and addiction.